К основному контенту

Casper Van Dien Talks Action in THE 2ND

Casper Van Dien Talks Action in THE 2ND

Read the full article on AICN

Hey action fans!  Remember practical effects?  Well, if you don’t, you can reacquaint yourself with them because Brian Skiba’s newest film, starring Ryan Phillippe (CRASH, CRUEL INTENTIONS) and Casper Van Dien (STARSHIP TROOPERS), has plenty of them.  THE 2ND comes out September 1 on Digital and On Demand.  I had great fun chatting with Casper Van Dien about the film.    
How are you today? 
“I'm doing great.  How are you today?”
I'm doing really well; I'm talking to Johnny Rico! 
(In character) “Hoorah!  Do you want to live forever?”
So, how often do you still hear people just coming up to you and saying things like that, and how does that make you feel?
“I’m in quarantine right now, so not as much because I don’t go anywhere, but when I go out, almost every single time.  Almost every single day that I go out, somebody will yell some Starship Troopers’ quote at me or say, “Johnny Rico, what are you doing here?”   Or, “Hey can I get a picture with you? My dad and I went to this movie.”  I love it because they always say it with such enthusiasm, and they're excited.  It's not like they’re yelling at me and saying something bad.  That would kind of suck. Because they liked it, they’re like “Johnny Rico!!!”  When they say it like that, it just makes me explode inside with complete joy and gratitude for Edward Neumeier, who wrote STARSHIP TROOPERS and Paul Verhoeven who directed the movie.  The book was written by Robert A. Heinlein, and I have gratitude towards that as well.  There’s just so much excitement

Finish the article on AICN

Ain't It Cool News Feed https://ift.tt/34OuXjO September 01, 2020 at 03:29AM

Комментарии

Популярные сообщения из этого блога

Contemporary Chinese Cinema: Shunji Iwai’s Letters from Shanghai

Contemporary Chinese Cinema  is a column devoted to exploring contemporary Chinese-language cinema primarily as it is revealed to us at North American multiplexes. The sneakiest major release of the year is surely the latest from Japanese director Shunji Iwai, whose new movie opens this Friday at a dozen multiplexes around North America courtesy of the distributor China Lion Film. Last Letter is Iwai’s first film made in China, and stars Zhou Xun, who starred in one of last year’s best films, Ann Hui’s Our Time Will Come , which was also distributed here by China Lion. That he would be working in a new country is no surprise: Iwai is one of the more eclectic filmmakers of his generation: having started in TV and video in the early 90s before moving into film, he’s since made documentaries and music videos, science fiction films and anime, epics of modern alienation and ravishingly romantic odes to the wonders of youth and love. His last film, Chang-ok’s Letter , was an hour-long...

Listen Up

Incandescent indie, reflective hip-hop, jangly post-punk and more genre-bending tunes from the week Juletta + Ishan: Gut Feeling Juletta + Ishan’s “Gut Feeling” is best described through its beautiful contradictions: haunting and luminescent, smooth and uneasy, buoyant and weighty. Written and produced by both artists, the track appears on the NYC-based duo’s debut album, If I Never Hit Land (out this Friday), which is based … COOL HUNTING® https://ift.tt/35p5Vqj October 18, 2020 at 01:03PM

Listen Up

House music for those missing the sweaty dance floor, psych-tinged lounge, industrial electro-pop and more new music Solomun: Home From Hamburg-based DJ and producer Solomun (aka Mladen Solomun), sweeping house track “Home” exists as an ode to the “sacred rooms” that were built for music. For those yearning for a sweaty, dark dance floor, this nostalgic and atmospheric banger offers some satisfaction—albeit in your own … COOL HUNTING® https://ift.tt/3dWfZe1 October 25, 2020 at 01:03PM